Friday, July 1, 2011

All packed and ready to go!

I'm all packed and ready for my full 24 hours of travel to Tanzania. I've got books to read, Swahili to study, and hopefully a Deb-sandwich for dinner. I'm flying from Laguardia to Detroit (yes, I know it's in the wrong direction) to Amsterdam and finally to Kilimanjaro airport. A staff member of Global Service Corps will pick me up at the airport and bring me to a hostel where I'll be for the first few days of orientation. Then I'm off to my homestay for the remainder of the week. I can't WAIT to meet my family. Hoping they have little kids to play with because they're the most fun. After the first week, I'm off to do HIV/AIDS prevention education trainings in rural villages outside of Arusha. I'll probably have internet access most of the first week, but during the week I'll be off the grid. I'm nervous/excited for my trip and to meet the other volunteers.

Now I'm off to eat my last American breakfast!

Tutaonana,
Lexa

P.S. Sorry for the lack of creativity in the blog title. I really couldn't think of anything not cheesy/dumb/alliterative for my trip. Although Sewa did suggest "Waka Waka," but after I had already made this lovely title.

1 comment:

  1. you can probably change it JUST SAYING LOVE YOU KEEP WILIN

    ReplyDelete